Wedding chuppahs started my sew Jewish career, and I’ve now put together a collection of resources for couples looking for a wedding chuppah. Take a look:
- Buy a custom chuppah canopy
- Rent a hand-held chuppah
- Get instructions to make your own chuppah in the Sew Jewish book
- Learn more about chuppahs in this collection of chuppah blog posts
Buy a custom chuppah canopy
You can buy the canopies through Etsy:
Rent a hand-held chuppah
The two most popular chuppah styles from rental company Huppahs.com are now available here at Sew Jewish.
The chuppahs include the canopy and hand-held poles. I ship each chuppah to arrive by the Wednesday before a weekend wedding, and after the wedding you ship it back using the box it arrived in.
Rentals start at $220 plus $69 shipping, which includes return shipping.
Get the Sew Jewish book with instructions to make your own chuppah
My book, Sew Jewish, includes instructions for making a DIY version of my most popular chuppah rental style, the Simplicity Huppah. The instructions include a canopy as well as DIY chuppah poles.
The book also explains how to make a full-size tallit, which can also be used as a chuppah canopy.
- Paperback on Amazon (also Barnes & Noble and Indiebound)
- Digital PDF format ready for instant download