The Sew Jewish book is now available in paperback! Yeah! After the PDF version came out, so many readers asked about getting a physical book, especially to give as gifts, that I plunged in to figure out how to make it happen. I’m so grateful for everyone’s interest and support.
The paperback version is now available online at Amazon.com and Indiebound.
The original PDF format continues to be available in the Sew Jewish shop.
Sew Jewish is a collection of the core Jewish sewing projects that any sewing enthusiast would want on their shelf: a tallit, wedding chuppah, baby blanket –18 projects altogether.
Here’s the text of the back cover:
Make tradition your own.
Experience the joy of Jewish tradition through sewing. Set your holiday table,celebrate life, and decorate your home with projects that go to the heart of Jewish life –modern projects as well as classic Judaica reinterpreted for today’s sewing enthusiasts.
• Detailed, step-by-step instructions for 18 projects, including 8 sewing patterns and 7 patterns of Hebrew letters and Jewish symbols, plus more than 100 illustrations to guide you.
• Expert tips and a section of basic techniques to help even beginning sewists achieve beautiful results.
• Interesting tidbits about the teachings and history behind classic Judaica and Jewish traditions.
If you can set your sewing machine to a straight stitch and a zigzag stitch, you can make all the projects in this book.
Here are the 18 projects in the book:
· Challah Cover
· Hanukkah Dreidel Game Kits
· Purim Mishloach Manot Boxes
· Passover Matzah Cover
· Hand Washing Towel
· Havdalah Spice Pouch
WEDDINGS AND BAR/BAT MITZVAH CELEBRATIONS
· Wedding Huppah
· Bridal Veil
· Kippah / Yarmulke
· Tallit Bag
· Tefillin Bag
· Mezuzah Scroll Case
· Tzedakah Jar Wrap
· Shalom Pillow
· Aleph-Bet Cuddle Blanket
You can order copies of Sew Jewish online at Amazon.com and Indiebound.
To get the book in PDF format visit the Sew Jewish Etsy shop.
To keep up with all the latest patterns and news at Sew Jewish, subscribe to the newsletter.